Tuesday, January 17, 2006

No more rhymes now, I mean it! (Anybody want a peanut?)

We were lucky enough to receive a batch of footage a few weeks ago that contains a match featuring Ox Baker, Andre the Giant, Karl Von Krupp, and Dick the Bruiser. I love watching the older style of wrestling, mostly because I have never really seen it. It's so interesting to see how much wrestling has changed over the years. The sport, the story, the production, everything. Quite amazing.

I am especially pleased with this match because it has Andre the Giant in it. I didn't watch wrestling much as a young girl, but I did watch a whole lot of the Princess Bride. Andre was my favorite part of the whole movie. I can honestly say I never saw Andre actually wrestle until I was about 16. By then, I missed everything (I am 22, now). So everytime I see Andre wrestle, it's brand new to me. He isn't quite the big huggable beast in the ring that he was in the movie, but he still has a definite charm in the ring. It's amazing to watch such a large person maneuver. When a person is that big they make the smallest wrestling maneuver seem simply devastating.

Actually, I just looked it up and here is a interesting fact, today is 10 days from the 13th anniversary of Andre's death. Everyone, take a moment to celebrate his life and check out one of his matches for FREE on www.ClickWrestle.com. (And check out The Princess Bride, too!)

No comments: