Thursday, January 12, 2006

ClickWrestle: Lets lick crew!

Ahh, Anagrams. Gotta love 'em. Clicker Welts is pretty good, too. Sorry no blog yesterday! I had to call in sick. If I can make a suggestion: Just say no to grocery store sushi. It may look JUST like the sushi in your favorite Japanese restaurant, but it's not. Beware.

Anyhow.. Today I spend the day rendering. What is rendering? Well.. Rendering is altering, or converting. When my computer is rendering, it's going ahead and actually making all the permanent changes to the video that I requested it to do. Unfortunately, while the video is rendering, I can't do anything else to it. When you do video editing all day, you spend a good deal of time looking at this tiny little window-

Beautiful, aint it? Not really. One of the hardest parts of my job is dealing with the downtime involved with video editing. As BossMan would put it, Human Time and Computer Time: two very different things. While the computer is taking time to do it's thing, I have to try my best to be productive with my Human Time. So what do I do. Well, I blog, for one.. Go over any number of office tasks, review incoming footage, write match descriptions, stick things in Bryan's hair. The usual. Still, I can't help but feel a little unproductive while the computer does it's thing. Especially when Bryan is not here for me to pester. (I wonder if the evil grocery store sushi got him, too?!) However, the outcome is worth the wait. You'd be surprised by just how much a little sprucing up to a video can help.

No comments: