Friday, April 14, 2006

Well you're a real tough cookie with a long history..

So, while I am very excited about the whole day on Saturday.. I must admit that I do have a special place in my heart for ChickFight. Being a strong supporter of women's issues, and a bit of a feminist, I always find it exciting when an all female event takes place in a male dominated realm. When it is an event like ChickFight, where the women are presented as strong, capable, athletic, and smart rather than the more prevaliant bimbo eye-candy, it's something I truely get inspired by.

I thought I'd talk a little about the contestants of ChickFight today, I'll go in order of the pictures descending the right side of this column. First off we have the lovely, if ill-tempered, Rain. Rain has competed in one prior ChickFight, the last one in fact. She faced off against Mariko Yoshida, who promptly turned Rain's knew only pain. Rain didn't have much of a world into a place that showing at that event, so I am hoping I get to see a little bit more from her this time around.

Next we have MsChif. MsChif has really caught my eye recently. Beyond her passion and rage, she is backed by amazing flexibility and tremendous athletic ability. I have seen this woman in some amazing matches against some great wrestlers. She wrestled in a cage match versus Mickey Knuckles that was absolutely brutal. In the recent past she wrestled Cheerleader Melissa at Shimmer, the two of them tore each other apart. MsChif is definately a favorite of mine coming in to this tournament.

Mercedes Martinez is our next competitor. She is a powerhouse. Her style of wrestling can be likened to those such as Sara Del Ray, the amazing women Japanese Wrestling like Ninja Ranmaru or Drake Morimatsu. This latina is definately a force to be reckoned with, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her leaving this tournament with a victory.

Melissa is a ClickWrestle.com favorite and has competed in all 3 prior
ChickFight tournaments. Coming in to the finals at the first two, and timing out in a battle against Sara Del Ray at the last. I am interested to see what will happen with her at the end of this bout.

Lacey! I am also very excited about this competitor.
Lacey has been a growing favorite of mine as well.
Probably my 2nd favorite wrestler in the tournament, in fact. Lacey has a lot of attitude, but some great skills in the ring too. I'd be a happy camper seeing Lacey win this ChickFight.

Lastly we have Carla Jade and Candace La Rae. I don't know entirely too much about either of these wrestlers, as I haven't seen much work from either of them. Candace La Rae is a nice little Canadian chica who had participated in ChickFight 1, she quickly was eliminated from the tournament, having had the unfortunate luck of running in to Princess Sugey, ChickFight 1 champion, during the first round. Either of these girls might just have something up their sleeves, but I don't know enough to make any predictions.




So who do I think will win? Well.. My money is on MsChif at this point. She is my favorite, and I'll stick with her. As far as other predictions for Saturday? Well.. I predict that Bryan will be staying clear of the cage during Kafu's match versus the Sandman. That's one cage he wont want to be locked in.

No comments: