Friday, March 10, 2006

Parting is such sweet, sweet sorrow.

"Weep if you must,
Parting is hell.
But life goes on,
So sing as well."
-Joyce Grenfell

Today is moving day. Goodbye to the cage, goodbye to walking in to a pitch black office every morning and stumbling to find a light switch. Goodbye to the freezing cold atmosphere that is maintained to keep the server happy. Goodbye to the yummy italian place on the corner with the super-hot bartender. Goodbye to Alex at the Soup Company who greets me so warmly every morning. Goodbye to the russian guy at Subway who gets confused when he asks me "Cheese?" and I say "Shredded" 3 times a week, every time. Goodbye to the Saxophone player on the corner who plays "My Funny Valentine" every time he spots me coming down the road. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

And hello? To what? I am not too sure yet. New office. I hear it used to be pink. Bossman wouldn't stand for it though. Alas. I'll let you all know how the move goes. You all have a lot of APW stuff to look forward to this weekend. Possibly a few WWWA releases. I'll see you all Monday, constant readers.

No comments: